Friday, March 27, 2009

2009 Pineapple Cup Official Handicaps Announced!

North Myrtle Beach, SC (AP) - Only minutes ago did The Committee announce the official 2009 Pineapple Cup handicaps. The immediate impression the PCB gets is the improvement in the field this year. Also, the PCB finds it interesting that the defending champion is second to last on the handicap hierarchy.

The handicaps are as follows:
  1. Tug Maude +2
  2. Adam McLaughlin +2
  3. Alex Yates 0
  4. Buck Williams 0
  5. Lindsay Carrington 2
  6. Tommy DeMint 2
  7. Norm Waldrop 2
  8. Mark Wilson 4
  9. David Miller 4
  10. Morgan Dowtin 6
  11. Wes Argabrite 6
  12. Andrew Ward 9
  13. Boone Smith 11
  14. Andrew Tucker 11
  15. Defending Champion Jeff Wilson 12
  16. Steve Riddick 14

The release of the handicaps on Friday afternoon gives each captain the ability to run draft scenarios over an intense, war-like weekend.

The draft will be conducted on Monday, March 30, 2009 at 8:00PM EST.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like there has been some fuzzy math going on in the past year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Tommy at a 2 is laughable. I hope I am never paired with THAT guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are spot on, with the exception of Tommy. Hope he's not on my team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be interesting to see how/if these affect draft status. Here is my current top 5 for the draft (obviously no need to rank the captains):

    Tug, Adam, Mark, LC, Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always a surprise, always! Look at Riddick's awesome play at Grande Dunes 2 years ago. That course suits his eye.

    Here is my top 3 most likely to win this year:

    3) Morgan Dowtin
    2) Mark Wilson
    1) Andrew Tucker

    Of course, a good portion of the final result depends on the partner draw. Remember, each player has the opportunity to win 12 points over the weekend. Nine of those points come from four-ball play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget about Steve-O. In 2007, he averaged a (net) 69.67.

    Also, Tommy D's getting a bad rap here, but in 2007 he averaged a (net) 72.80

    ReplyDelete
  7. if Andrew Tucker wins the Pineapple Cup, i'll quit golf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind a pairing with Tommy if we were playing Springfield in York, SC

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I were drafting, I wouldn't pick Tommy before about the 10th spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard Tommy offered Yates a comped weekend in Vegas at his suite in return for going #1....Maximum bet on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that my handicap looks low (i think 8-10 is more appropriate). However, I think the captains could find [some] value from me as a very late draft pick.

    As an aside, i'd entertain playing some of the 2-6 handicappers for $100 / hole...especially, the commissioner himself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tommy,
    Would you be paying in IOU paper from Buck's blackjack table last year?

    ReplyDelete
  13. "If Andrew Tucker wins the Pineapple Cup, i'll quit golf."
    So will I. I'll have nothing left to play for.

    AMT

    ReplyDelete