Friday, January 30, 2009

Captain Yates Hosting Practice Sessions

Charlotte, N.C. (Reuters) - January 30, 2009


Captain Alex Yates has invited several anticipated Pineapple Cup participants for a practice session at his club in Charlotte, N.C. Yates says he is “hopeful that, prior to May 1st, I will be able to see many of the participants in action. I know its not realistic to see every player before the draft, but the more players I see the better advantage I feel I have. Obviously I have a decent familiarity with the games of 90% of the anticipated participants. But a lot can happen in the off-season and I want to see the current status. I will certainly attempt to contact everyone for an honest assessment prior to May 1st though.”

Yates is clearly focusing his early efforts on drafting the best team. When asked if he has a particular draft order in mind already, Yates quipped, “I’m not Nick Faldo. I won’t tip my hand before Thursday night (referring to April 30th). I will say that one strategy I’ve considered is drafting teams, so to speak. I have been a witness to the power of team play. I’m optimistic my team will clinch on Saturday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment